Fast facts is an idea copied from my friend Lisa Sanders… visit her blog here: http://realisa.org. In honor of the season, which inside my house looks a bit like Christmas on steroids, these December ones are dedicated to the holidays.
- Both kitty and I are more filled with Christmas cheer since she started using the outside as her potty.
- The quickest holiday (or anyday) anti-depressant in the world is my granddaughter’s laughter or her dancing which kinda go hand-in-hand.
- If there are Christmas cookies in the house, I will eat them and eat them and eat them, until I’m as round-bellied as a puppy. Don’t even get me started on Christmas fudge.
- I believe it’s best to wrap presents the day I purchase them. If I stockpile them to do all at once, my back gets sore and then I have to spend the entire next day just lying on the sofa and watching Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel. On second thought…
- Since Christmas overindulgence has led to a tighter waistline on my big-girl jeans, I’ve been using the cooler weather and my love of Christmas lights as a motivation to ride my bike. It does feel a little stalk-ery, though, to be skulking around at night on a bicycle.
- I’m one cookie away from considering elastic waist pants.
- 82° is too hot for Christmas. Even in Florida. I’m lodging a protest sit-in. Bring your own cookies.
- Holiday movies are cheesy, but with enough wine they’re easy to digest.
- Speaking of cheese, a great way to use up the cheese platter from holiday parties is to melt it all down and make macaroni and cheese. I can’t live on cookies alone. Besides the fond memories will sustain me on my diet of plain lettuce after the first of the year.
- Is it just me do a lot of Christmas songs sound kinda dirge-y and depressing?
Here is the second installment of Pictures Around My House for Christmas. This is our family tree. It’s a lot more casual than the formal dining room tree and my favorite part is the Dr. Suess hat topper (Max the Grinch dog used to sit on the top, now he just sits on a branch. He’s happier there). It’s also a very, very, very tall tree which is why there aren’t so many ornaments at the top (I’m afraid of ladders).